[FRIAM] To all you Tectonics Deniers out there!

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Sat May 20 11:35:15 EDT 2017

Nick just so you know I agree that it feels like the weather is changing
right? ^_^
For what it's worth just pointing out someplaces (NM or what ever) while it
has weird quirky weather this years
Feels weirder than usual.
As to skeptics?
In my experience their's a few kinds of asking question type folks for many
issues including climate weirdness:
-Conflicted (Haven't experienced it first hand) or  ("Ok so lets make water
powered cars? would that help?") Reasonably sketical ("Yeah, smog's bad
here,while  the weather seems a bit chile today that's normal right?")
Just examples.
You could ask them if they even want to read or see pictures of climate
weirdness from this month, or point to blogs or what ever
That way they don't feel like someone (you or anyone else) is being overly
'in their face'. Basically in my experience the more easy to process or
relate to examples of Something Happening. They might be more likely
process ThingHere . In your example weather weirdness
It could be lots of things:
(Huh, do you have article or about...OH cool Wow their reely are Robot Hips
or Robots that can drive cars!)
LA Has been having worse than usual smog days. Mabie they can relate to
that?

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/02/07/us/07californiatoday-web/07californiatoday-web-master768.jpg

Their's some reeely striking pictures from a Deisel sumet  where normally
what fog looks like...fog is a alien looking yellow and green. Mark
Ruffino(Hulk from Marvel) on his Twitter and Blog posted pictures he took.
I think other's took pictures as well. Send your friends pondering weather
weirdness those kinds of stuff only if their interested though. And let
them process the stuff on their own time.

For example:  normal morning asia  fog looks more like:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/24/article-2347228-1A6EC26B000005DC-121_634x420.jpg

Anyway hope I was helpful!  Just tossing out ideas! ^_^