[FRIAM] Any non-biological complex systems?

Russ Abbott russ.abbott at gmail.com
Wed May 24 21:57:51 EDT 2017

The internet includes people -- who generate messages that traverse it.
But a system consisting solely of computers networked in some way may be a
good example.  It's not quite what I was thinking of, though. I'd like to
exclude anything biological and anything created by biological organisms.
So that excludes computers.

The best example I can think of is the weather system, including, ocean
currents and their interactions with weather phenomena. Considering the
distinction that's often made between complex and complicated, should
weather be considered complex or complicated?