[FRIAM] IS: Ruminations from the M.I. S. WAS: Any non-biological complex systems?

gepr gepropella at gmail.com
Sun May 28 11:52:45 EDT 2017

I think this is the key. Any project requires a driver of some sort, even if they're merely a facilitator. It's banal work to summarize, collate, etc a collaborative paper. No secretary implies no artifact.

I used to participate in collaborative fiction chain letters, where each receiver continued a story with all previous characters and events. We could steal a character's identity and make them do something the original author would be offended by, change the physics of the universe, etc. But even that​ extent of  distributed authority required a shared motivator.

--
⛧glen⛧