[FRIAM] Any non-biological complex systems?

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun May 28 14:38:19 EDT 2017

“As you get systems of coupled complex systems that are all dissipating gradients that are generated by the other and all complex systems are open to matter and energy flows, the boundary of a living system continues to expand out to the point that I start to sound like a pantheist and the world as a whole system is alive. I choose to take it on faith that it is.”

To be a truly autonomous agent, and above the fray, one would have the option of not dissipating an evident gradient.   To do that would be to be more alive -- actions need not be taken because their consequences are already understood.

Marcus