[FRIAM] Intel’s super portable Compute Card could be your real pocket PC | TechCrunch

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:22:37 EDT 2017

Huh to cool ^_^
Yet
Part of me says: That, is impressive!
While
Another part thinks: One (of many possibe) snag I see with these things is
does it feel like a companion? That is something that's fun and simple to
use?
a whole seperate observation is it seems as if they (intel/PC makers) have
tried to make kind of portable hubish modular computers and parts. So far
they hit 'feature creep' and 'uh it's...how much?' pretty quickly.

My concern  is it works and be fun, simple and easy to make and use.
A concrete example was last year
Wave and Star Labs made a reeely cool device. Waves started as a simple set
of 'computer moduals' so as each part (monitor hard drive) talked to
eachother wirelessly and some how increased it's  umpf quite a bit. Their
core hub started life as cheep (100 bucks or so) but didn't play well with
other doodads. and hit a bunch of other problems as well

Star Labs I think it's doodads are still around. Their 'computing 'core
and, sort of  modular computing stunt hit a hilariously simple snag of some
sort where basically their wifi system kept crashing. I simply don't know
why. Marcos or Coddy might recall the news and know why they had crashing
issues., they were all over the news, when their 'compunctions hub modual'
hit aholery from comcast. They were trying a stunt where the it'd (try to)
find open radeo channels to provide around a gig internet speed each way
over about 900meters to a full kilometer. That in of it self was YAR!!

Anyway Hope it works out. YAR! pretty cool looking ^_^