[FRIAM] death

Russ Abbott russ.abbott at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 17:47:34 EDT 2017

Near the end of the Aeon piece.

Those hoping that I would resolve this paradox might now be getting a
little anxious, as we are reaching the penultimate paragraph with no
solution in sight. But it should be clear by now that I do not believe
there is a solution. I believe that the death of the fly was both
insignificant and a kind of catastrophe. And I believe that about the
deaths of frogs and pigs too, and about my own death, and yours.

I was one of those hoping the article would arrive somewhere. It's well
written. But ultimately it's a tease, implying that it will provide wisdom
about a subject about which there is very little, if any.

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 10:59 AM glen <gepropella at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ha! I live to serve. 8^) Brings new meaning to the terrifying motivational
> aphorism: today is the first day of the rest of your life. Great theme for
> Samhain!
>
> On October 28, 2017 10:31:43 AM PDT, Gary Schiltz <
> gary at naturesvisualarts.com> wrote:
> >Yesterday was my birthday, a milestone toward the inexorable fate of
> >all
> >life. Thank you so much for sharing :-Q
>
> --
> glen