[FRIAM] death

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Oct 30 16:32:16 EDT 2017

My actual question is more like:   Is death universal or is a finite lifetime just a sufficient solution found by evolution (and carbon-based life)?   Must memories be purged for progress, or is it just that that they _can_ be without particular harm to the species?

There was a piece on 60 minutes last night about Adolfo Kaminsky who forged thousands of official documents to protect Jews in France.   His colleagues reflected on their accomplishments and didn't reflect on danger in what they were doing at the time, perhaps because they were so young.

It could be that the high-order aspects of wisdom are cognitively too costly (operationally) at some point.   Diminishing returns on complexity.. Delays on action are as dangerous as imprudent actions.