[FRIAM] Help for texas

gepr ⛧ gepropella at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 12:54:26 EDT 2017

Well, I didn't intend them to be analogs so much as 3 examples of short-sighted failures to invest in infrastructure. The point being that an investment in building codes isn't that much different from an investment in sane zoning or watershed management. We (Oregon included) often sacrifice such infrastructure in the name of "freedom" (for businesses and individuals). The freedom to eat loads of fried chicken is in the same class as the freedom to build a house inside the 100 year flood plain. The freedoms of the irresponsible are paid for with the obligations of the responsible ... the sick are helped by the healthy ... and the lucky (should) pay for the bad luck of the unlucky.

--
⛧glen⛧