[FRIAM] Wimsical silly question re: coffee making

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Sep 20 16:25:22 EDT 2017

> That’s a quantum effect, right?
Quantum Tunneling, modified by a spell corrector to be "Quantum
Tunneling" which invokes the adjacent possible, implemented by Douglas
Adams' "Infinite Improbability Drive".

If you find soggy socks in your coffee (or vice-versa), it is likely
that a Dolphin was flitting about in the nearby spacetime.

BTW, I grew up among cowboys who claimed that was how they washed their
socks, by filling them with coffee grounds to dip in the kettle on the
fire to make coffee... after breakfast, just turn the sock inside out
and let it dry in the sun and you are good to go....   choice of sock to
use is based on even/odd days for left/right.     I think they were
pulling my leg?

Or just trying to keep me from drinking up their coffee!