[FRIAM] The Atlantic article on "the illusion of reality"

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Sep 20 16:40:12 EDT 2017

REC/MD/GR/RA/et alii -

Having worked on problems roughly described as multivariate optimization
decision support, I'm thinking, a high dimensional Pareto Frontier with
modified Dempster-Shaffer methods implementing Fuzzy Belief and
Plausability measures.   It maps well onto consciousness as
wave-function collapse (for Quantum Consciousness Wonks) or at least
(for CS majors) late binding. For English Majors, I refer you back to
Douglas Adams who describes all of this in very good, imagistic prose.

- SASafrass