[FRIAM] looking for a word

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:28:43 EDT 2018

Interesting.  Robert's mention of "fractally-associative" was attractive to me and seems similar to your [dis]assortativity.  But I'm too ignorant (so far) to know whether that has any heuristic power.

I now owe ~4 pints, but only have any confidence I'll have to pay up on 1. 8^)

Here's the context.  In our *analogy* from our computational model of the liver to a referent liver, we use a directed graph (without degenerate cycles) to simulate the lobules in various livers (perfused rat, whole animal mouse, etc.).  In that graph, some of the "sinusoidal segments" feed into our "central vein".  But they do so in a computationally coherent way that is physically incoherent. It's a DAG.  The edges don't actually *conduct* the molecules.  It's a magical attachment.  One of my more biologically inclined colleagues was trying to analogize to the referent liver, which is much more ... "organic" ... whereas our analog is much more ... "schematic", if that makes any sense.  My colleague is attempting to point out the difference between an actual liver's complex "bed" of flowing integration versus our analog's engineered ... "managed" ... "magical" ... transference.

Part of my motivation for posting this question, here, is that I'm pitching for us to implement a more "space-filling" lobule structure than that exhibited by our current DAG.  Although my colleague thinks I'm arguing against him, I'm actually trying to bolster his argument that, in order to build a *strong* structural analogy (and thereby a strong behavioral analogy), we might need a computational structure that is more analogous to the referent lobule.

And part of my *rhetoric* requires a relatively catchy word/phrase to use to indicate our our current DAG is easily face-falsifiable.

--
☣ uǝlƃ