[FRIAM] looking for a word

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:07:46 EDT 2018

Yes, "face validation" plays a role.  But quantitative "data validation" plays a stronger one, as I implied with my reference to "pure complexity".  If I could bridge the gap between counting ambiguous things like "sinusoids" and our very quantitative analog, then it would be relatively easy to not only Turing test the analog's output against people who look at tissue slices, but it would be easier to automate such validation (including with ML and ANN).

But it all starts with being able to *describe* what these fractal-like structures look like.  Not having a word or catchy phrase seriously inhibits our ability to communicate.  If you're there in meat space, you can dangle your fingers on the top and wiggle the fingers of your other hand on bottom to indicate the "interesting region" where your fingers are wiggling.  But when limited to a text interface, it's a difficult concept to grok.

--
☣ uǝlƃ