[FRIAM] Learn languages

George Duncan gtduncan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:09:15 EDT 2018

The founder of Duolingo is Luis Von Ahn.

Von Ahn joined the Computer Science faculty at Carnegie Mellon when I was
on the faculty of the Heinz College and the Statistics Department His wife
was a colleague in the Heinz College.

Here is a really interesting interview of him:
https://www.businessinsider.com/duolingo-luis-von-ahn-2018-4

George Duncan
Emeritus Professor of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
georgeduncanart.com
See posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Land: (505) 983-6895
Mobile: (505) 469-4671

My art theme: Dynamic exposition of the tension between matrix order and
luminous chaos.

"Attempt what is not certain. Certainty may or may not come later. It may
then be a valuable delusion."
>From "Notes to myself on beginning a painting" by Richard Diebenkorn.

"It's that knife-edge of uncertainty where we come alive to our truest
power." Joanna Macy.