[FRIAM] the pseudoscience of evolutionary psychology?

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 16 16:15:43 EST 2018

Another question for Nick
  -- does evolutionary psychology hold that every psychological behavior is explainable, at least in principle, or are some behaviors / some psychological states outside the purview of evospych? For example, is the an evolutionary explanation for the observed behavior that people generally drink red wine at room temp and white only when chilled.  If not, what is required to elevate a behavior to a "trait" worthy of the attention of evopsychs?

davew