[FRIAM] the pseudoscience of evolutionary psychology?

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:50:27 EST 2018

OK.  But I believe I merely asked the question: Why talk about these vague behaviors like "dress for sex", when we can talk about reasonably well-defined things like hormones and neurotransmitters?  What explanatory power does evopsych have that, say, evolutionary neuroscience would not have?

One possible answer is that evopsych allows us to tap into folktales like Jungian archetypes, even if only so we can trick people into believing our rhetoric.  That trickery is power of a kind, explanatory or not.  Science popularizers walk that thin line all the time.  But is there something *more*?

Re: thread pollution --
I don't think it's a big deal.  The forum is asynchronous.  Anyone can read or not read, reply or not reply, to any post at any time.  It was easier, I'll admit, when the archives worked.

--
☣ uǝlƃ