[FRIAM] [WedTech] Bug hive remover needed

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 4 12:05:50 EST 2018

Gil,

These look like Polistes. . Again, bearing in mind that I am an eastern person and these are western wasps, here is my advice:.

1.        There should be no organized wasp activity at this time of year. Each wasp is out for itself, so little wasp heroics.

2.       Knock the nest down, and clean the area out.

3.       Keep nests for forming next year.  AT the early stages of nest formation, the wasps are not very aggressive.

4.       Don’t take advice from Easterners when you live in the West.    Or from former English majors on entomology.  OR is that etymology.  I can never tell the difference

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/