[FRIAM] What's so bad about Scientism?

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 14:34:38 EDT 2018

by Moti Mizrahi
https://philpapers.org/archive/MIZWSB.pdf

Given that many of my disagreements with the local atheists hinge on their cultish and non-skeptical acceptance of scientific results and me, therefore, accusing them of "scientism", I found this article helpful.  In this forum, we talk a lot about how science journalism reports results (hyped or not even wrong).  But even *if* a "Science News fanboi" does a good job parsing the difference between the journalism and the actual content of a journal article, there are still plenty of caveats to any lab, research project, or entire domain that can color its produce.  So, I tend toward cynicism when reading any science whatsoever.

That said, I think I *am* guilty of something like this _Weak Scientism_, for better or worse.

--
☣ uǝlƃ