[FRIAM] What's so bad about Scientism?

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 18:05:51 EDT 2018

Well, of course you know where I stand on this. That description of 'doubt' is useless to me because I doubt everything. There is no such thing as 'paralyzing doubt'. I'd lean more towards Marcus answer on that.

Similarly, I don't place 'good thought' in opposition to doubt. To me, doubt IS good thought. The absence of doubt would be the worst kind of thought. And I suppose that implies that science includes the active maintenance of methods by which we doubt/question various assertions.

--
glen