[FRIAM] life, music, dance

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 14:46:44 EDT 2018

Ha!  Nice rhetorical jitsu, there.  My claim was stronger.  Money is bad for you, not merely the generic "Money is bad for one."  But money is bad for each and every individual organism on the planet.  Money is a lot like alcohol.  Sure, it makes you feel good in some short-sighted, temporary way.  And, to be sure, when you're committed to living in an economy that's largely capitalist, money is a kind of power that ensures your basic needs are met, at least *some* money.  But, like alcohol, a little money (in capitalist economies) is good for you.  But too much money is decidedly bad for you.

Of course, wealthy people will disagree with me ... not much differently than the alcoholics at the local pub disagree with me.

The point being, even if Ms. Phair is right that everyone, when pressed, includes "getting paid" as part of what they want, it doesn't mean her *implication* is sound -- that "getting paid" is a good thing.

--
☣ uǝlƃ