[FRIAM] Science question...re: cold neck scarfs

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:29:25 EDT 2018

I has a science question. I trying out doing more excersize. In one of my
zumba classes a teacher sugested I try a wet towel on my head (before
class) and then a wet scare around my neck during class.

I feel as my googlefu skills are failing because I can't find a reason why
that helps. Anyone know what the science is?
LifeHacker and a pretty dated StackScience blurb speculated it has to do
with having just enough gold water (relative to the hot air neer your body)
to somehow make  kind of cool air zone.
Somehow how I am...skeptical
Cooling of your head makes sense (hair  gets wet and you cold water on your
head just feels really good in the summer)

But I don't get  why cold towel or scarf around your neck can help.