[FRIAM] What is an object?

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:05:47 EDT 2018

@Nick basically OOP may (or may not be) a good way to descibe and yes that
often leeds to flame wars.  Essentially many years ago it was considered
hard (and a bad idea at the time) to make a recipe without descringing to
the computer what the different things were. Adding things to a computer
language to describe those things basically meant (sort of) like
this:Computer a Cup is something 12inches  has a round piece solide and
red. The computer now knows what  a cup is when asked: Can you poor tea
into this cup(not without spilling it now asks)

I simply do not know why the used the term Object Orientated.

You are basically speaking computer the computer only knows  what you
describe as a real example of computer speak
def Gil= Smar.tas dowhile [mood == good]

That (in python assuming I didn't mess up spacing would say: Hey there make
a thing galled Gil (me) that when while he is in good humor sometimes is a
smart ass..
Someone else might speak to a computer in another language just like I
speak some Klingon and a little (almost none ) German, others speak French
mandarin etc.
type coffe;
Strct Coffee [hot, black list]
That's (some GoLangJS speak to say: So computer my really cool
Ractijono(Coffee) shop needs to have a cofee list! and here is what makes
coffeness Coffe!

it gets weirder with HtmL5 and Xtags:

xtag.create('x-clock', class extends XTagElement {
  connectedCallback () {
    this.start();
  }

^ that says ok so it'd be a really good idea for my page to have a clock! a
clock sits in the background and tells time, start it when the page loads
(theirs way more to it )

Does that make things about a clear as YodaSpeak?

And nick for the most part as someone said: Question no bad their
are....asnwers smart only one might get (hehehehehe in a bad yoda voice)

In all serius that reely is a good questions. I haven't used MatLab so I
have no idea what or how it does

FWIW people are moving from deciding to first tell a compute rwhat
everthing is,  to moving to here's a instruction manual, here's some parts
here's how to build
(X-Tags, Cookie cutters, or templates depending on who's doing it and if
it's speaking WebPolymer (twitch) or X-Tags)