[FRIAM] Psychiatrist?

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 13 14:38:14 EDT 2018

Gil,

My experience with psychiatrists is that, when they finally pay attention to you, you are cured.  Try, “Please stop looking at your screen, look at me, and pay attention to what I am about to say.” Then make bloody sure you look HIM/ HER in the eye and ask for what you need as clearly, and simply, as possible, without attempts at irony or charm. What happens in the next ten minutes may determine whether you ever want to see that therapist again.  You just might be cured.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson