[FRIAM] Links re the discussion at our end of the table

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 2 20:14:29 EDT 2018

Thanks, Robert,

I am going to enjoy these.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/

From: Friam [mailto:friam-bounces at redfish.com] On Behalf Of Robert Holmes
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2018 5:08 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: [FRIAM] Links re the discussion at our end of the table

*	"The Fable of the Bees" (link <https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0000t3y> ). Probably the first literary description (1705) of emergence; specifically, how private vice causes public virtue. BTW, I recommend the download rather than the stream: there's about 5 minutes of extra discussion at the end.
*	How Skinner taught the US military to kill the enemy (link <https://youtu.be/zViyZGmBhvs> ). First minute or so describes Gen. Marshall's study that measured the problem; skip to ~15:30 for Skinner's contribution.