[FRIAM] "Saving Social Constructionism

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:43:37 EST 2018

Boghossian is a troll.  I don't know the other two.  I'm glad they're out there doing this.  One way to raise the bar is to out-game the system, making that system more complicated and more expensive, thereby pricing out those who can't muster the resources to engage (like me).  It's a well honed tactic to simultaneously burden and starve the system so that it *seems* to fail under its own weight.

Trolling journals to get phony papers published merely *proves* postmodernism and makes its primary point more poignant. [†] Trolls like Boghossian are *everywhere* and will do anything to offend whoever they can.  (Following up by writing books that pretend to deliver the real knowledge ... that you can't get anywhere else but from their clique.)  Ignoring the troll doesn't work, despite the popularity of that recommendation on the internet.  Hell, I even recommended one of Boghossian's books to a worried liberal the other day at the brewery, with a heavy dose of "read it with skepticism".  The response to the trolling, by Wilson and Shaw, is a good response, I think.

[†] This was a good essay: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/25/magazine/bruno-latour-post-truth-philosopher-science.html

--
☣ uǝlƃ