[FRIAM] Pondering the slang Adulting

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:16:02 EST 2018

Nick re: trolling. Quit possibly. The slang form of troll, reffering to
someone stomping about just to get attention goes back to at least the erra
of modems and BullitenBoards.    Personally I started seeing and getting a
gist of the slang on MUD's. Text based DnD games that became the moderm MMO
(Ever quest, star trek online and World Of Warcraft).
In WoW (world of warcraft) someone that says stuff to others to being sassy
is bettER type of troll. That form has fallen out of favor to just the
negative form. To meen seomeones saying stuff to rile up others. As glen
sugested keeping polotical propiganda going (for example), taking jabs at
peoples typos. On english heaving servers it's (sadly) very common for some
trolls to take stabs at and make slights about peoples countries. Or go off
about fox news.

Where as Adulting is kind of different because takes a toung in cheek
(usually) look at someone. For example someone could say in a conversation.
Argh I have to be an adult for a few moments to pick up my kids.
They can also use the slang take from a real example: Just to let you guys
know I may need to do some adulting  and grab my dog if my husband is late
from work today.