[FRIAM] Pondering the slang Adulting

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Nov 14 17:58:35 EST 2018

By "no need", I'm imagining a personality species stored in individuals.   Suppose that personality P is instantiated only in individuals A and B which both refer to it as Self.   P will be preserved so long as either A or B exist.    I'm assuming that it is desirable to maximize the number of active personalities, and that Adulting is just a way to preserve a rare species of personality.   In this case B could assign personality Q to Self and there is no immediate risk to personality species P.   Adulting would be pushing Q on a Self stack to later pop it.   Assignment is just as good for a Hive mind.