[FRIAM] Advice on configuring computers

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 10 02:25:05 EDT 2018

I was about to give up on my  460 Gig hd HP because [it was old and] I was
running out of disk space, only to discover that the standard machine
offered by my university to replace it has LESS disk space.  Wondering how
people are storing stuff.  Are the days of buying larger and larger hard
disks and never making any decisions over?  [sigh} Note that cloud storage
is not an option to me for half the year.  Are people buying terabyte sized
USB drives and running software from them or telling some software to store
to them?  How's that work?

Sorry to bother you with this.  I know the rest of you have real work.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson