[FRIAM] Advice on configuring computers

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:43:37 EDT 2018

Nick these all sound like pretty good ideas.  To me it seems like their's
always some need to get a pretty good sized hard drive. FWIW I didn't guess
right for my computer. I thought 1 terabyte would be plenty. I am wrong.
As to the cloud. Yeah I don't know. For back up? It's pretty good. I just
think it's about the right thing for the job.
I don't know if anyone else has suggested this: ram; Windows eats
surprisling large amount.

Question: do you particularly need or really want to stay with a laptop?
HP isn't all that good of a computer company. Just my experience it hasn't
been all that good since...forever at least the 90's and really since the
80's I'd say.

My brother (Tim) a while back got a think pad. At the time seemed to like
it. I don't know  what their like now.  Anyone have some opinions their
anygood still?  I thought his wife

The reason I suggest thinking about a desktop. Is it might be a lot less
hastle to get a good hard drive and ram.  Plus installing them is not at
all straitforward even at a shop with a ton of equipment. experience. I
have done it with a hand me down from owen(dad). But let me tell you on the
apple it was not that straitward and seriusly had a few moments: Oh fuck
please tell me that dropped screw didn't hork something up.

I totally agree with the SSD(their really big thumb drives basically)..and
I didn't know that a 500 gig  one is about 90.. that's awesome !
.