[FRIAM] Advice on configuring computers

Tom Johnson tom at jtjohnson.com
Sat Oct 13 12:41:57 EDT 2018

Nick:
This might be of interest

NETWORK TOOLSBack to Top
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=1e092d287c&view=lg&permmsgid=msg-f:1614134185451886307#m_-7531049746289431570_top>
<http://scoutr.pt/g50137>

SEAFILE
SCIENCE

www.seafile.com <http://scoutr.pt/g50137>

Seafile is a cloud storage solution similar to Dropbox or Google Drive.
However, unlike those services, the Seafile server is self-hosted on
hardware controlled by the user. Users can interact with their files in two
primary modes. In the first mode, using the Drive client, files are
downloaded as needed without an initial synchronization step. Copies of
files that are in use are stored locally, both for speed and to provide
offline access, but users don't need to have space locally for all their
cloud files. In Syncing mode, a library of files is synchronized to the
local device. After the initial synchronization, only changed portions of
files are sent over the network. In both modes, users may opt to enable
client-side file encryption, which encrypts files prior to sending them to
the server. Seafile desktop clients are available for Windows, macOS, and
Linux. Mobile clients are available for Android and iOS devices. Seafile
servers are available for Windows and Linux. Home users may be interested
in the Raspberry Pi version. [CRH]