[FRIAM] Open Letter

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:20:09 EDT 2018

About to take a nap before going to a Zumba class. Several class mates have
masters, but are still working at least 2 jobs. One's husband and her with
3 jobs are: barily scraping by and still trying to keep a Zumba club glued
together.
Someone needs to say it: screw minumum wage these days. That's nuts! 3
jobs, and can scrapiing by. I think he on top of working in Human Services
also has a part time job in IT. I have no idea where at though.  If she's
at class today I might ask.
I argue that it's a combination of issues Education clearly gets people
only sofar. I've said to many times I suspect: How the  hell are you to get
the inane experience companies or goverment want without having it that's
the litteral defination of a catch22.I say their is a fundimental issue
when even with masters degrees it's all to common issue: I want to lead but
etc.

If I understand right the teacher that I help now her and her SO have.
Masters  are also scraping by. I think she works both at a gallery and does
social media stuff. He makes ocean maps  for tecloo's at the momen, he also
tused to study climate changes  and  something to do with ocean levels. .
even with two 45-50k a year earners "Dude are you kidding me I can't afford
rent here! it's insane! 3k a month to live in the ghetto? "  what I'm
getting at Is I agree with nick something has to change, IMO a part of that
something is a reality check to the powers that be.  FWIW nick a ton of
data backs up this issue. Litterally no one can afford to live on 40k a
year. Being able to be in a position of leadership  if someone wants
it,sadly takes a back seat if your Maslow's are fucked.

I am agreeing with nick btw: being stuck in service because of a ton of job
pipeline issues aka sheer arogance and greed is a problem..