[FRIAM] On old question

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 02:03:50 EDT 2018

On the contrary, the question can ONLY be answered by pointing at something. Your abstracted, essentialist, linguistic tendencies will fail us every time. I think I've mentioned Luc Steels' language games before. And you seem to be fond of semiotics. So why isn't the question best answered by pointing?

Playing along though, if the experience evoked by a model is good enough to trigger a similar enough physiological response to that evoked by reality, then the model passes for reality. I.e. if the effect is the same, then the cause is equivalent.

--
glen