[FRIAM] Open Letter, draft #2

John Kennison JKennison at clarku.edu
Sat Oct 27 19:16:29 EDT 2018

Hi Frank,

I didn't realize it was supposed to be a joke --it seemed like a relevant example. I'm not an algebraic geometer but:

 . . . there is a historical survey in https://www.ime.usp.br/~pleite/pub/artigos/abhyankar/abhyankar.pdf

Historical Ramblings in Algebraic Geometry and Related Algebra<https://www.ime.usp.br/~pleite/pub/artigos/abhyankar/abhyankar.pdf>
www.ime.usp.br
Historical Ramblings in Algebraic Geometry and Related Algebra Author(s): Shreeram S. Abhyankar Source: The American Mathematical Monthly, Vol. 83, No. 6 (Jun. - Jul ...

<https://www.ime.usp.br/~pleite/pub/artigos/abhyankar/abhyankar.pdf>If you read that you can tell if you like Ahbyankar's style. He wrote a more thorough survey in 295 pages called "Algebraic Geometry for Scientists and Engineers'' (including computer scientists.

--John