[FRIAM] /Topic Latent in: Latent Topics was: enough sleep?

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 15:35:04 EDT 2019

What you seem to be describing is a kind of social "flow", where some say the ego disappears in the midst of it.

Google presented this:

Optimal Experience and Optimal Identity: A Multinational Study of the Associations Between Flow and Social Identity
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00067/full

which seems to argue to the contrary, that flow facilitates identity.  I suppose it might be counter-intuitive to some.  But it makes sense to me if we think of teamwork as a type of reinforcement learning, an entrainment to be a member of the team.

Whatever, though.  The question it raises to me is the (canonical?) difference between ego and identity.  Do any of you psych  people care to provide distinguishing definitions for a lazy dilettante like me?

--
☣ uǝlƃ