[FRIAM] More on levels of sequence organization

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Apr 30 23:40:17 EDT 2019

Cool!

“For synthetic biology, iteratively querying a model of the mutational fitness landscape could help efficiently guide the introduction of mutations to enhance protein function (Romero & Arnold, 2009), inform protein design using a combination of activating mutants (Hu et al., 2018), and make rational substitutions to optimize protein properties such as substrate specificity (Packer et al., 2017), stability (Tan et al., 2014), and binding (Ricatti et al., 2019).”

Get a few billion people to get full genome sequencing, and let the TPUs discover how we work!    Everyone gets a custom cocktail to improve stamina, fight off cancer, etc. etc.

Marcus