[FRIAM] [EXT] FW: Mathematical Inquiry

John Kennison JKennison at clarku.edu
Thu Aug 29 16:22:26 EDT 2019

Hi Nick,

I'm not a probabilist nor a statistician
but I think you could find a math web site that would give you what you want. The Wolfram Mathematica gives the normal distribution and I imagine that you could subtract one distribution function from another .

I'm not certain why you seem to think it would be normally distributed, which is symmetric in both directions. I vaguely think it would be some kind of beta function, in part because I remember pictures of beta distributions and they seen to be about right--but I have forgotten the hypotheses that would lead to such a function.

--John