[FRIAM] [EXT] Re: A pluralistic model of the mind?

Curt McNamara curtmcn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 11:20:26 EST 2019

This discussion reminded me of two books:

The Mechanical Mind by Crane
https://books.google.com/books?id=fIzWix4CPxkC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
In it the author makes clear that all thinking is tied to (some kind) of
experience. Which is different from AI (at this time).

The Order of Time by Rovelli
https://books.google.com/books?id=YvM3DwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
Rovelli makes it clear there is no single time -- it is different for you
and me, different on the mountain top, and there is "less of it" near large
masses. Time is discrete, and has a lower allowable limit.

                Curt