[FRIAM] Predatory journals: no definition, no defence

Tom Johnson tom at jtjohnson.com
Fri Dec 27 02:29:06 EST 2019

Thanks, Russell. You are a man of great patience.

As a freelance journalist, who only writes for money, I long ago gave up on
the idea of only pitching story ideas to one editor at a time. Depending on
the topic and time factor, three to five query letters sent at the same
time were not unusual. First editor to bite gets the story, and the size of
checks did not vary much. Ah, but that was in the good old days when
ink-on-paper publishing was viable.

All the best to you in the new year.
Tom