[FRIAM] Inflicting complexity

Carl Tollander carl at plektyx.com
Fri Dec 27 21:39:38 EST 2019

After looking at Tom's ref on FB about teaching Military thinking to 2020
election security infrastructure in democracies (
https://apnews.com/222bd1402c96bc487f5a0a2dc5bff12c?fbclid=IwAR2PSR8UxoSlEoulaar8ITN1vRNRChd34VVgcU6WMNM4vOwnaEmr0eFOsQw
 )

I recalled an  STO (Strategic Technology Office) article on MOSAIC from a
couple years back.
https://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2017-08-04

There's a bunch of stuff about weaponizing complexity, and whether one
approves or not, it is worth knowing about.

*“If we’re successful,” Burns said, “mosaic warfighting and resulting
effects webs will give us the ability to inflict vast levels of complexity
on an adversary to deter and counter aggression.”*

"Inflicting Complexity..." . Always suspected, but ......hmmmm.

Carl