[FRIAM] description - explanation - metaphor - model

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 21:31:08 EST 2019

https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/y4bkJTtG3s5d6v36k/stupidity-and-dishonesty-explain-each-other-away

I can't help but hope there are other causes for being wrong. 8^) For example, in a Kierkegaardian "throw down with your best guess" sense, e.g. the champions like Krugman, when their simplifications are shown to be wrong, I couldn't call them either dishonest or stupid. I'm OK with calling them "premature", but that's not really denigrating in the same way. As I tried to say before, a premature advocacy may be necessary to disambiguating the problem ... which is necessary for good problem solving. This is why I like the adjective "authentic". Even if some yahoo is completely wrong about some concept, treating them as if they're authentic presents constructive paths to various solutions.

--
glen