[FRIAM] A PolyMath by any other name...

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Dec 30 16:12:38 EST 2019

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/psychedelic-drugs-lsd-active-agent-in-magic-mushrooms-to-treat-addiction-depression-anxiety-60-minutes-2019-12-29/

________________________________
From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> on behalf of Roger Critchlow <rec at elf.org>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 2:04 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] A PolyMath by any other name...

Okay, resurrecting this four plus year old discussion because it matched a search for vagus.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5807379/#B20 reports that electrical stimulation of the outer ear can stimulate the vagus nerve and has positive results for treating depression.  It's hitting a spot that acupuncture uses to treat depression.

-- rec --