[FRIAM] Statistical poser (aka fact checking is hard)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Jan 2 13:00:50 EST 2019

http://theconversation.com/suicide-nation-whats-behind-the-need-to-numb-and-to-seek-a-final-escape-98137

“Americans stand out from people in other countries with respect to their focus on individualism. Americans believe that success is determined by our own control and that it is very important to work hard to get ahead in life. Perhaps it is this focus on our own achievements, successes and work culture that have created an environment that is no longer sustainable – it has become too stressful.”

Apoptosis<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apoptosis> is the word that comes to mind.