[FRIAM] !RE: A million tech jobs unfilled

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Jan 11 10:11:13 EST 2019

David writes:

< Reacting to Glen's comments: of that million tech jobs, how many are really necessary. Speaking only within the context of software development, I am certain that 70-90 percent of existing jobs and unfilled jobs could be eliminated. >

< We have known since the seventies that some individuals are 10-100 times more effective than average. The idea of how to identify and support "high performance teams" has periodically taken center stage in the profession - only to be shot down by management and HR. [Robert Glass, Facts and Fallacies of Software Engineering.] >

Yup.

Marcus