[FRIAM] models, reality, etc.

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 12 14:23:21 EST 2019

Wow.  It's all those things at once!

REALLY?!!!!!

What a great example!

Let me try and put it into words.  The nominalist would like to say “There is no real pattern there, it just depends on how you want to look at it.”  The realist would like to say, “Nonsense.  The patterns appear when you take into account the point of view of the observer.  Anybody who cares to take that point of view, adopt that procedure, etc., will see each pattern.  They are real patterns.”

How do you understand it, Dave?

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson