[FRIAM] Few of you ...

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Jan 16 18:07:21 EST 2019

I think of the "experience being with other people" as sort of like how my herding dog follows me from room to room.   There's a knob in her head that is set to keep a visual distance with her people.   It's what she expects and it comes from her breed.   It's not the result of a dynamical system that occurs has occurred on the timescale of her life.    It is a reductionist/thin/flat explanation for the dog and the basketball player and the choir singer.

On 1/16/19, 3:56 PM, "uǝlƃ ☣" <gepropella at gmail.com> wrote:

    That's fine.  But it doesn't directly address the point.  Is experience-being-with-other-people really an "attractor" in the sense we usually use that term?  I don't think so.  I think the normal (complexity fanboi) sense of "attractor" is at least somewhat reductionist/thin/flat and not commensurate with phrases like "experience being with other people".

    If we simply decided these things are not attractors, then I think my problem dissolves.

    --
    ☣ uǝlƃ