[FRIAM] Few of you ...

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Jan 18 13:29:43 EST 2019

Glen writes:

<  I can say much the same thing about my fellow cancer patients.  Sitting in the infusion chair for 8 hours once a month for 2.5 years gives you a lot of time to get to know your fellow patients.  They mostly had *zero* idea *what* was happening, despite the doctor's best efforts.  Hell, the nurses didn't even know what was happening most of the time.  They only know their protocol. >

I haven't spent much time at an infusion center.   The one I have visited has two chairs per room.   And at some point during a long infusion, there will be two or three other patients that have shorter infusions.   It was surprising to me how so many people seem to be on autopilot.   Even if they sort of look distraught, when they chat they don't reflect in any sort of analytical or reflective way about what they perceive is going on or what will happen next.   Especially mind-blowing to me when the infusion bag they are receiving is worth > $10k.

Marcus