[FRIAM] No fool like an old fool.

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:40:23 EST 2019

380gb  hasn't been all that much  a long time. Generally people start in
the terabytes even on laptops.  CBS the TV station? might be an app for
streaming their programs? if so that'd eat up cache and diskpace pretty
quickly. 200gb of temporary stuff? I can believe it. Basically windows
tries to make a list of what's on your computer. It's pretty believeable
that some of that is from that list.  Some of that might also be from
basically a fake disk as a backup.
Keep in mind what ever else you do windows tries to remember what you last
did (cache and temp files) and that can eat up space pretty fast For
instance I make stuff with photoshop just for fun or to make plugs for
cherrity things...that bucket of what I do is  about 30gigs, it contains
notes from photoshop of color tweaks, fonts, nd photoshops own  fake disk
and tries to convince my computer it can infact do a bunch at once. tries
to often with much hilarity of my real disk perf giving me a one finger
salute. And the graphics card getting a little warmer than usual.

Hope that's about as clear as mud about the bonkers world that is computing
these days.