[FRIAM] Experts explaining stuff at multiple levels of difficulty

Russell Standish lists at hpcoders.com.au
Thu Jan 24 00:23:12 EST 2019

Yeah, except there's a well-read interested-in-all-things-scientific
14 year old, and then there's my wife. I know who I'd rather explain
things to :).

Then there's my friend's book "Debunking Economics". I found it rather
heavy going, because I had to figure out from the text what the actual
mathematical equations were (at least its economics, not rocket
science!). Some other people I spoke to found it to be the paragon of
clarity, precisely because it contained no mathematical notation. Go
figure.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 09:58:46PM -0700, Nick Thompson wrote:
> Eric,
>

> We are planning a ferocious argument at FRIAM on this video (see below), and I
> am wondering what a believer in “embodied consciousness” might have to say
> about it, going in.  It’s only about six minutes long, so perhaps you could
> take a moment from your drywall.
>

> Nick
>

> Nicholas S. Thompson
>
> Emeritus Professor of Psychology and Biology
>
> Clark University
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/

Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders
Visiting Senior Research Fellow        hpcoder at hpcoders.com.au
Economics, Kingston University         http://www.hpcoders.com.au