[FRIAM] Modeling 4chan: roles, topics, beliefs, strawman, anonymity, etc.

∄ uǝʃƃ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:14:24 EST 2019

So, I stumbled on this today:

The Alt-Right Playbook: The Card Says Moops
https://youtu.be/xMabpBvtXr4

Transcript here: http://innuendostudios.tumblr.com/post/182302598987/new-video-essay-internet-reactionaries-argue-as

And my ignorance forced me to find out which "Stanislavski" they were referring to at 8:37, where they define the "Stanislavski Opinion" - "the opinion you entertain so completely that you functionally believe it, while you express it, no matter the possibility that you will express - and, to an extent, believe - an opposite opinion later."

I *guess* it's this guy: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2012/apr/17/modern-drama-konstantin-stanislavsky

Once again, FriAM has helped me reduce the cone of uncertainty in my own opinion about, say, why I think Tom Cruise is such a bad actor compared to someone like, say, Chloë Sevigny.  I just don't intuit that Cruise plays the role, so much as "talks" on topic.  I once (like, 20 years ago) got into a rather heated argument with a mentor about the difference between a simulation and an emulation.  He was *trying*, I think, to make this same point to that younger version of myself.

--
∄ uǝʃƃ