[FRIAM] sensitive, aren't we?

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 25 15:10:40 EDT 2019

BTW - Pierce is considered to be a process philosopher.

There is no such thing as experience that is not OF something — at least as long as experiences are intermediated, first by embodied senses, then by cognitive “constructions.” YOU cannot regulate your experiences, only the process of experiencing can yield what might appear to be regularities / patterns / consistencies.

Disintermediated ‘experience’ is possible - that is what Satori is supposed to be.

Quantum sensitivity is not “thrown away” by the design of your retina, or any other sense organ. The only thing that can ‘block’ such sensitivity are those pesky cognitive constructs, and they do not block so much as they establish a willful disregard.

To the extent you inherit or borrow aspects of your monism from Pierce, I think (understanding him only partially and incompletely) it is a fragile thing.

Hubristic, ain’t I?
davew