[FRIAM] are we how we behave?

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 5 22:51:57 EST 2019

Nick, you pose an interesting question. From one perspective, that of an idealist who believes in the old version of a liberal arts education and the modern notion of a "modern polymath" I would answer yes to your question. As a veteran of academia i would emphatically jump up and down and say no - it is nonsense.

I could elaborate on my answer, should anyone be interested.

davew